Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Pictures

This weekend, I did some pruning, watering, and other basic garden upkeep. I scattered some Purple Coneflower seeds in my front flowerbed, and planted some asparagus roots in my veggie plot. (I apolgize for the weird formatting and the short post, but I'm in a time crunch.)
Pictures from this weekend:
A coral miniature rose has buds that are ready to open.

Paperwhites (or something that looks like paperwhites) in the rose bed.



Swiss Chard "Bright Lights" was planted last spring and is back. I planted some "Bright Lights" seed this weekend in the same area.



















Columbine leaves: I thought these would die back more.

















Hot pink hyacinth mark the old edge of the flower bed. I planted these three years ago, and they're still thriving. I'll have to move them after this spring.



















Above and below: Two different angles of my re-structured borders. Before, the flowerbed came out several feet into the front yard. It was akward. I moved the bed's edge in quite a bit- it now follows the sidewalk. You can see the area formerly covered, since the grass hasn't grown in yet. I still have to move all of those bulbs that you can see coming up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see those early spring flowers. It'll be fast and furious now, won't it?

February 26, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Annie in Austin said...

Every time I see a hyacinth on my screen it makes me want them for next year.
Your roses have buds? I was happy that mine had leaves!

Annie

March 06, 2007 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home